Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're finally getting ready to work on the interior of our Camaro, and most of the new parts are in. Quick question... I was looking at the new standard door panels, and I'm not sure how the clips attach to them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chet

·
Registered
127 Posts
On the panel back there should be slots cut out on the front and rear edge of the panel. The clips slid into these.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Clash, I'll look at them closer when I get home today. One other question... What is the best way to line up/drill holes in the panel for the four bottom screws? The car doesn't have old panels to compare, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any marks or knockouts on the new panel.
Thanks again,
Chet

·
Registered
522 Posts
Chet...Try making a template out of paper or cardboard and transfer the marks to the new panels.I would'nt use a drill,you might slip.Try using a awl or a sharp punch.
Hope this helps.
Bob

·
Registered
955 Posts
Look on the back of the panel. Some of the new ones don't have the plugs of cardboard removed for the clips but there should be perforations where they are. You have to use a small screwdriver and box cutter to remove them. Be careful not to cut all the way through. The plugs only come out of the first layer of cardboard. A couple of them may be under the vinyl on the ends. You have to pry up the edge just enough to find them. Good Luck.

------------------
69 SS, 350, 4 Speed
75 400, 4 Speed
93 Z28, 6 Speed

·
Registered
88 Posts
I looked on the door for the old holes.

As far as the clips go, They are a pain. I lined up a couple on each end and said the heck with the rest of them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had the same problem with the clips on the door panels. I ended up just using double sided foam tape. Works pretty good so far. As for the holes in the bottom, I used a punch. I wish i thought of using a template...oh well.

------------------
69 Camaro RS (SS Clone) 350 Daytona Yellow

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the great help. We worked all day yesterday, and the interior is FINALLY starting to come together. Thans, again, Chet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts