Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good source for used parts? My driver's side weatherstrip roof rail track was lost at the body and paint shop. I have all the pieces but this one. I have checked my local wreckers, including our Classic Car wrecker, but everything has been picked clean. I would appreciate any references available. I'm in SF area, Calif.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
408-432-8498 should have it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just at GM Sports Salvage earlier today. They didn't have any 1st Gen Camaros (must have had them all picked clean) and the Firebirds they had were already picked clean.
Looking for another source now.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Are you serious, not one??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None. I was there about a month ago and they still had a few. Now all they have are 3 Firebirds, that have been hacked to pieces. I guess they turned the Camaros into scrape since there wasn't anything left. All the times I've been there I've never seen so few first gen cars.

I just need the one piece for the drivers side post. I've got the rest.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
If you can't find a perfect one, I have one that has a small hole up where the piece meets the underside of the roof. Not very noticeable, but I replaced it. It looks like an errant weld spark hit it. I believe when I removed the rails for paint, it was the first time they were removed, although who knows. It's such an odd spot, that it's possible it left the factory that way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unreal; so far I haven't found anything else. How noticable is it, and do you have a pic? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts