Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a chance to buy a used original endura bumper it's in good shape only needing repairs for minor scratches.Can you guys give me a general price on what these are going for .The seller does corvette restos and wants me to make an offer before he E bays it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
The GM one's are made from a softer material than the repops. MOst of them have some kind of warpage to them compared to the re-pops.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Unless the repop brackets have been redesigned, they are horrible. The originals have a "nose down" bend in them, sort of like an SST on take off and landing. The repops are straight, so the bumper slants up. For sure, an original bumper with the repop brackets will sit wrong. I never checked a repop bumper with repop brackets to see how they work together.

I paid $200 for a crappy original about 5-6 years ago. It had some rust on the core, and had separated. I then traded that bumper plus $300 for a good one. Only damage was a nick on the underside from a jack. The guy included the outer brackets, since he couldn't get them off, and I was afraid he would damage the bumper trying to unbolt it. I gave him a set of repop outers, which I think are pretty accurate.

The guy loaned me a set of inner brackets which I used as a model to rework my repops to the correct shape. But before I used them, I found a pair of originals on ebay for about $125-150.

So I'd say a straight endura with no core separation, with original brackets would be worth $800-$1000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts