Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had an issue happen with my 69 Camaro which had an LS1 engine and factory tilt steering column. I've driven the car over 6K miles with no issues and yesterday I went to turn engine of with the key in the ignition switch and the engine would not turn off. I have a battery cut off switch in the trunk and used that to shut off engine.....Help! Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to what is causing this problem!:crying:

·
Registered
Wylie, TX - Lee
208 Posts
Check that the ignition power wire (pink wire on GM controller) to the ECM is actually getting switched off when you turn off the key.

Using the battery cut off switch to kill the engine may not be a good idea unless that switch is also disconnecting the alternator. Disconnecting the battery while the alternator is still turning will cause voltages upwards of a 100V into the electrical system. It's better to pull the fuse for the fuel pump or ECM to kill the engine.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Was the tilt in a different position then usual? I think the switch may be out of adjustment.

Jeff
This. Try changing the angle of the tilt to see if the engine shuts off with the ignition key turned off.

Reactions: yellow69RS
1 - 4 of 4 Posts