Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm in the process of putting the original AC back in shape on my 69. I've been able to get fan and blower switches NOS, but haven't been able to find the Fan Resistor Assembly for under the hood. Anyone know where I can get one of these NOS? If not, is there any info on the resistors themselves, so that I can build one up? The previous owner substituted an assembly from another car and I believe that this caused an electrical fire under the dash. I'm also looking for the heater vent cables (bicycle type cables) and the vacume hose assembly that goes from the control panel through the firewall. I want this to be right this time around so there is no chance of a problem.

------------------
Marty

69 Camaro, 350, TrickFlow heads, T5, 3.73

·
Registered
297 Posts
Will the 67-68 AC resistor assembly work? Rick's First Generation has an AC-Delco 67-68 AC resistor assembly for $9.25. I don't have an AC car, so I am not very knowledgeable about parts interchangeability. Hope this helps.

------------------
Justin
-1967 Camaro SS350

www-student.furman.edu/users/j/jtrauner

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Nope a 67/68 AC resistor wont work in a 69. The connection pins are in the wrong configuration. 69 looks like a "T" shape Nobody makes a reproduction (or NOS) copy of the 69 resistor. You just have to hope one comes up on Ebay or start visting Junk yards looking for a 69/70 GM car with air.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

·
Registered
297 Posts
Gee, sounds like a money making opportunity......find an original resistor and start making a reproduction out of your garage!!!!!

------------------
Justin
-1967 Camaro SS350

www-student.furman.edu/users/j/jtrauner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts