Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran into an interesting problem with assembly of the 69 front lower fender extensions as they relate to the grille opening area. These are Goodmark products so they should be of decent quality. It also reinforces the notion that you should fit all the parts before painting so you're sure everything will fit. Once the extensions are installed there is a dished in area on each side at the lower corners that the grille almost butts up to. Comparing the original ones to the Goodmark units I bought, the recessed dished area is not as deep as the original. As a result, the grille won't go on all the way and there is no excess material that can be trimmed to make the grille fit. It could just be a problem on the extensions I bought but I think it's worthwhile mentioning and I'll bet others have had the same problem. Just thought I'd pass it along to save someone else some grief. Thanks.

·
Registered
601 Posts
goodmark lol they arent better than anybody else. why all say goodmark is better than anybody else is beyond me. 1 company in taiwan makes for everybody except oer. found this out hard way.:( i even got a goodmark door with a sticker on box took it off and said golden legion amagine that lol. guess goodmark ran out of boxes lol. for as your problem going through same thing with my 67 if your old ones are repairable use them better than new ones. and fit better i went today to body shop to check everything fits before painting and grill is same as yours. i returned alot of parts and bought oer when i can they fit alot better but little bit more money tho. or put part on match to another part curse scream weld cut body fill get a beer and repeat over and over lmao:beers:

·
Registered
381 Posts
We had similar problems with the Goodmark fender extensions and ended up using the original extensions. There was no way those extensions were going to fit and look good. The originals bolted up to the fenders and fit perfect. We then painted the extensions to match the rest of the finished car. The fenders were OK but we had to cut the bracket at the drivers side upper firewall mount and reposition it about 1" to get a propper gap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.