Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a new kick panel light circuit for my 69. the original appears to be gone. Where does this two prong connector hook into??? One white wire one orange. I don't see a male double connector under the dash or kick panal area! I have the orange and white wire in the desending harness going to the floor board but no connectors are apparently there:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
It sounds like you are describing the underdash courtesy lights used only on verts?
The connector is up and perhaps behind the drivers side kick panel. Reach over the ebrake assy and you should find it.

If you don't have a vert, I don't know if this plug is used on the coupes, it should exist though.

·
Registered
768 Posts
the underdash courtesy lights were standard on all verts (no dome light) but were also an option on coupes. without seeing a pic there are two places that connector could go, one is the door jamb switch itself on the drivers side or the other would be where it hooks into the intermediate harness that runs under the carpet gaurd along the drivers door sill. the intermediate harness for courtesy lights is different on cars with that option as there is a pigtail for the lights, non courtesy light cars don't have that pigtail. if your car didn't originally have courtesy lights your intermediate harness probably doesn't have the proper pigtail for them. you can get that harness from any major resto house. the intermediate harness connects the fuse block to the rear lights, dome light, gas tank, and rear defrost if you've got one of those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts