Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, I'll be ordering a new full wiring harness for my 69 RS/SS. I did a quick search but could not find the answer so here it goes: I would like a factory tach in the dash of my car. Right now the car came with spedo, fuel, and idiot lights nothing else. Can I get a harness that has the tach hookup for the dash w/ the center fuel gauge and just hook up the fuel wires to the right pod untill I can get the right tach and center fuel gauge? Also any recomendations on where to get a M&H wiring harness (s) at the best price? I don't want to go through the whole resto thing and have the car burn up because of bad wiring.

------------------
69 RS/SS 427 4.11's
2000 Z28 Navy Metallic LS1 6 Spd T-Tops

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
I think all you need is a Tach harness, and an extra bulb to illuminate the center fuel gauge. The center fuel gauge will use the same pigtail and connector in the main harness as the normal right pod fuel gauge uses. Just take it off the normal gauge and move it over to the new one.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought my harnesses direct from M & H and they were happy to answer all my neophyte questions and calm my apprehensions (I was a buyer...not a looky-lou). I don't know their number but the web site is www.wiringharness.com (I think). Good luck.

------------------
'69 Garnet Red Convertible, Ivory over black, 350 w/turbo 400

1 - 3 of 3 Posts