Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of my fuse box, between the two rows of fuses, are three prongs that allow additional plug-ins. They are labeled battery, accessory, and ignition. Do these prongs already have fuse protection? In other words, if I plug something into one of these prongs will it need to have it's own in-line fuse or are these prongs already routed through one of the other fuses in the box? The reason I ask is because I noticed that the power wire from my factory AM radio is directly plugged into the ignition prong and I am not sure if it is being protected.

------------------
Larry W.
1969 Z11 Pace Car
My Pace Car

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey Larry, nice ride

------------------
1969, X-44, Export Model, Hugger Orange, Std. Int., BC Rear(soon to be a BT 12 bolt), PDB, GMPP 350HO, M22 Supercase, SSM Lift Bars, AirGap, Holley 750, FlowMaster American Thunder Exhaust, FlowTech Headers

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ignition and accessory are fused. Battery is protected by a fusible link under the hood. One thing to remember is that the fuses are large. They do a good job of preventing a major problem. They are actually too large to really protect any one item. If it concerns you there's no harm in adding an in-line fuse in the radio line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts