Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Anyone have a actual size template for the back of the tach. I'm replacing the dash gas gauge with a tach and I'm not having any luck getting the template the way I want it. If any one has a template laying around that is actual size and scan a copy to email me, I'd appreciate it.

[email protected]

Thanks
Dennis

------------------
69 Camaro
350 4sp
Daytona Yellow

·
Registered
144 Posts
You might want to do a search on this topic. I'm pretty sure others have mentioned that the cutout area is actually marked on the dash itself.

------------------
'69 Garnet Red Convertible, Ivory over black, 350 w/turbo 400

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Mine was not marked. but I made a template. I just cut out a piece of cardboard (cereal box) and kept trimming it until the tach fit. then I made reverse of that, and had my template. I don't have a scanner, but if you email me your address, I'll send you a copy. It has the bolt hole location, also.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
All dashes are "marked". The marking is very difficult to see. The area to cut out is a little more flat in color than the surrounding area. You have to hold the dash up to a bright light and tilt it around until the light hits it right. Then score the outline with a sharp object.

It looks like GM used the same mold for all dashes and then inserted a plug when they did a run of standard dashes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts