Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a set of console gauges for my 69. It didn't come with the gauges from the factory, so I'm doing the conversion. My question is should I pay the extra for the set with the low fuel warning warning module?
Or go with the set for a 68 without it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ck2:

I don't have the console gauges in my 69 but i do have a tack and center fuel gauge. I wanted the tell tail low fuel warning light to work on my gauge cluster on the dash so I ordered the kit from Rick’s. It's cool to have the low fuel light up BUT it can be annoying if your take is at 1/2 or lower because the gas slouches around when you make turns and cause the light to flash. If you do this conversion it will scare you to death at first because you'll think it's the low oil light coming on, but over all it's neat to have.

Good luck :beers:

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
If you are looking to be technically correct, if you add console gauges, you should replace the center fuel gauge with a clock. Center fuel gauge was only used on non-console cars with tach. If you decide to do that, I'll take your fuel gauge!! :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm talking about a 69 with a center clock that I have already removed the fuel gauge and replaced it with a tach.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
My low fuel light still has the original bulb. And that's amazing because it has had a work-out over the years.;) Yes, it's good to have.
P.S. Most of my car is original with the exception of stuff that makes it perform better. I took my clock out and have it in the 'memory parts box'. In its place is a SW volt meter. Useful information. The amp guage is still there of course, but what's that telling you? Not much.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
OK, if you are interested in making it technically correct, you should leave the clock in, add the console gauges, and add the warning light. If you just like the look of the center fuel gauge, then I would connect it, and not connect the fuel gauge on the console. If you are replacing the dash harness, I'd consider the one for a console, tach and clock. Then I'd run a jumper from the console fuel gauge to the center fuel gauge. That way, if you or someone who buys your car wants to convert it to the "standard" layout, it's an easy change.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, if you are interested in making it technically correct, you should leave the clock in, add the console gauges, and add the warning light. If you just like the look of the center fuel gauge, then I would connect it, and not connect the fuel gauge on the console. If you are replacing the dash harness, I'd consider the one for a console, tach and clock. Then I'd run a jumper from the console fuel gauge to the center fuel gauge. That way, if you or someone who buys your car wants to convert it to the "standard" layout, it's an easy change.
I don't have a center fuel gauge. I was planning on leaving the center clock, I replaced the fuel gauge beside the speedometer with a tach. Then install the console gauges with the conversion harness. Will this work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts