Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Someday Master Blaster will appear on the horizon, showing us the way and leading us to the new kingdom. A place where there is no rust, no rot, and no threat of deterioration. Paradise. A Shangrila of virgin metal and gleaming steel. A place we can feel proud to call our own...
Yes, as it has been awhile since we first saw Master Blaster in Thunderdome.......

Project is coming along... Very nicely!

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Thanks Mike,

I actually have not touched the paint on my car. My body man did all the body, prep, and finish work on this one. There are a few places I am going to "Finess" a bit, but all in all, that is the way he finished it. I know he spent countless hours block-sanding, and several more wet-sanding and buffing.

We used DuPont single stage on the firewall and bottom of the body. It has DuPont BC/CC on the exterior of the body. Mark is a perfectionist, and he wanted this car straighter than I did.

As for the 72 code.... My car was originally burnished brown with white interior.

I just built the car I would order from GM tomorrow if I could...

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
I will have to look thru my receipts and see. I have every receipt for everything ever purchased, right down to solvent for cleaning parts. I kind of remember it being a product line that DuPont no longer offers, as I got an exceptional deal on it. Even for an outdated product, it looks fantastic to me.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Mike,

I have had excellent results with SEM products. I do recommend you thoroughly clean (I've been watching your build, and cleaning isn't an issue for you), and use adhesion promoter prior to painting. Seems to me like I have read a post on here about how to properly clean plastic items prior to refinishing. You may want to do a search for that.

SEM products usually leaves an "unpainted" texture, not too heavy and not too shiney.

I think you will be pleased.

That should be worth $0.02.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.