Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hi Mike,

I think your already in better shape then you were with the 68. And she is definitely cleaner inside than I would have thought considering the rear window leak. Stick with your plan and I think you will end up with a real sweet little daily driver. Don't let the grind get to you just come back to this 1st post of yours once and a while to remind yourself where your going and you should be good. enjoy the trip.

Kevin.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Mike,

I haven't touched her in a while trying my best to wrap up the divorce thing and finish some outdoor reno jobs before the white stuff starts flying up here. There is some hope that we are coming to the end of the legal stuff though. I also made the decision to order up a roof brace kit mostly for the front brace but discovered a few issues with the braces in the kit, so I am working with my supplier and the manufacture to come to some type of terms on how to handle the issues.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Kevin-- great to see you on here again. I know those legal battles can't be fun or easy, but chin up, you'll plow through it all. :thumbsup: We will still be here when you dive in full throttle again. :beers:

Hi Todd,

the rotisserie looks good. I got some good news today, cautiously optimistic about this thing coming to an end. It's mainly why I have been holding back on her to find out which way things where going to land. It's really looking like I will come out OK on this one at the end of the day knock on wood.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hey Kevin I am going to call them in the morning. How did you find the AMD quality?
When I went down to pick up my order they had four lids to look at 3 were metal and one was glass. I had no interest in the fiber glass lid so did not bother looking it over. The other 3 were all metal and I can not remember where they said the other two originated from. I do recall there was a price difference between all of them and it went up with the quality. By far and away the AMD product was the best stamped. You could physically see the difference and feel it, the AMD was a few pounds heavier due to heavier gauge metal. It was no contest I brought the AMD part home with me, it did cost an extra $85 but well worth it. The other AMD parts I have bought and or looked at seem to be a superior product as well hopefully they keep doing what they have been doing so far.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hey Kevin I went out to Hot Rods & Classics today and it was awesome. They really took care of me and gave me a tour. They have everything I neeed in stock. I will get all my parts from them for sure. Thanks for the tip. I really appriciate it.

It's a good place and all the guys do work hard at making you happy with your purchases. The cars coming along nicely Mike, Keep with it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I am kind of freaked out about getting the car out of the shop freshly painted with no garage to put it in. I might use a car tent, which will keep the rain and snow off it, but it will get moisture and cold exposure.
Hey Mike,

If you go this route make sure you really anchor the thing the guy I bought my Camaro off of, had it parked in one at one point and the wind blew it over there where some serious scratches in the paint along the drivers side and across the rear spoiler from that. Hate to see your work and coin get wasted that way. I agree its better than nothing just make sure its well anchored.

·
Registered
559 Posts
She's looking real good Mike just don't be parking for long periods it does not work out so well down there. I like the color combo, I really liked the silver black on mine except for the the black collecting dust about 1/2 a milisecond after wiping it clean. It didn't stop me from buying a black 2011 silverado at christmas time though :eek:.

·
Registered
559 Posts
It gets deep quick on this type of conversion. I have done this a couple times on Jeeps I have converted over. You have most of it listed but there are a bunch of little things that you will find add up fairly quickly Mike. I see you have found a diff and possibly a trans so maybe you have some of this other stuff but quick look through and I would add:
Exhaust hangers
Distributor / wires and plugs
Carb spacer
Rear spring brushings
Brake hoses
Proportioning valve
Brackets for alt / ps pump etc.
Fuel pump / filter
If you have it listed I'm a little tired from the midnight so may have missed it. Just take your time and work through one system at a time you will get there.

Kevin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.