Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a modern stereo in a Covan dash where the factory one would have gone? It looks like there is enough room for one if you cut it out perfectly.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Nice job! I was debating on doing that and you just made up my mind to do it. What did you use to support the weight of the stereo?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nice job! I was debating on doing that and you just made up my mind to do it. What did you use to support the weight of the stereo?
I was gonna use the old standard type of metal strap, bolted to the back of the radio, and extending upwards.... but, the hole I cut is an extremely tight fit for the radio's sleeve, and I've had no reason to need support in the back.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
I would reccomend that you still use the strap, or is the hole that it is tight in, the metal structure of the dash ? In time, the radio could cause the plastic of the Covan's panel to crack, if it is supporting weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.