Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not take the car apart and started going thru parts. The harnesses are in fair shape. I have rebuilt Mopar harness's on My Challengers years ago. Anyway I need a few parts for this one can some one help? I have ebayed and googled but not sure what the connectors are for. I have colored diagram on the way. 69 Camaro ss 396 x22 console gauges and a/c Delux interior

! what are these 2 connectors . see photos sorry bad pics

2 where can I get them?

3 Can you buy new terminals? I could in the past at Napa for other cars. P/N?

Is there a place I can just order everything from?

Thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
The long flat connector i the top pic is the T/S sw harmonica connection. It's hacked because the replace T/s is a different plug now then in 69. the other connectors in that pic are the ign switch. the connector in the lower picture appears to be the Neutral safety / Back Up switch housing with the back metal missing.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Hi Ed
Was your Car a Column Shift ?
And it is a 1969 you are working on ? Floor Shift/ Auto/ Stick ?

When I started taking my 69 SS/RS apart with my Son's help, I saw a "Rat's Nest" under my Dash.

I thought it was time to go for one of those After Market Wiring Harnesses.
My Son took the Dash Carrier out before I saw how things came apart and, I used to enjoy a good Wire Harness Trouble Shooting project when I was a Mechanic back in the 70's - Before the Electronics in today's cars.

So I decided to Repair it myself.

Take Pictures and what you don't know, this is were you are you will get your answers, might take a while though or Surfing the Net for a Pic here and there.

I tried to find the Delco Packard "Double Crimp" Terminals and had no luck, so I repaired my old Harmonica Connector and other Wires, Added some of my own Circuits and made a few of my own.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=243937&highlight=harmonica

Also I do have many of the Packard Style Flat Male/ Female that I got from eBay and a few Supply houses, NAPA does sell them and others.

Do you have the Wiring Diagrams and AIM ?

My own Firewall Disconnect Diagram - that was confusing sometimes as to what Diagram you are looking for and where the Wire goes into but out of on which side :confused:

Timmy

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Timmy Thanks

My car is a 4 speed
Do you have a p/n for the pins handy maybe a box with them in it?

I see places that sell whole harnesses but who makes them ? They would have the plastic parts maybe.....

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Hi Ed
I will PM you, Long Story, if you opened my Link, Post # 6.
I did not find a supplier for the Packard Double Crimp Terminals.
I tracked down some Old Harnesses on eBay and I needed the 194 Push in Bulb Terminals for my Dash Warning Lights below the Tach, I got 1 Used Connector from Heart Beat City "HBC", that was $ 20.00 alone but again, I Repaired and Added some Circuits to my Dash Harness for like $ 60.00 and have Extras for more work.

Here is another Link from a Corvette. Gives the Right Letter, Color and Gauge Wire for Repairs.
And in Picture, you can see my Wiring Harness "draped over" my Vise - It's easy !
I got my Wire from Wire Barn on eBay too.
Timmy

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts