Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have new chrome vents to install, thought they'd be easy just to pop in, but not the case. Tips for removal of old and installation of new? This is a 69 no air, vent next to drivers door, and passengers door.
Also replacing lens on heater, non a/c any tips for that. or is removing the dash pad my only option?:cool:

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
You have a job to do my friend. Pass side is the easiest. Your going to have to remove the glove box, the duct that feeds that side. Then there some 1/4 inch screws that hold that vent to the dash panel.

Drivers side, is a task. If i remember right i took out the entire gauge assembly and got to that one because you cant get to the upper screws with the gauge assembly in place.

·
11,348 Posts
Nope, you are going to have to take the dash pad and instrument cluster out of the car. There is a screw under the pad on the pass side and 4 screws into the cluster on the drivers. You will have to take the cluster and pad off for the heater lens too. There is no getting around it. you will also find a bunch more for you to fix when you take all that off, sorry

5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we rebuilt this thing from ground up 3 years ago....noticed the over spray on heater lens, on a bright sunny day figured it'd be easy to fix, and just decided now to replace the vents.....advice to anyone doing one....these are cheap and just replace them when you have it totally torn down. much, much easier that way. Nothing like having a $45K car and miss these kinds replacements during the rebuild, and get the pleasure of going back now and re-doing.

·
Retired
16,017 Posts
welcome to Team Camaro. You are in the welcome section where you introduce yourself and you get greetings from other members. Actual questions about your car/project should be posted in the right forum sections below. Id suggest the Interior Section for dash a/c things. This way you get more replies from the folks that have done the same repairs that you need help with. :)

·
11,348 Posts
My husband was afraid of that. We have one more quick question. The gear for the speedometer, Hard to replace?
:hurray:
Driven gear, very easy, one bolt! Drive gear, hard (take rear half of trans apart :() There are formula's for speedo gearing in the tech section

1 - 9 of 9 Posts