Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying some black/white houndstooth seat covers for a fold down rear seat. Can someone recommend a place where they have bought some before and were satisfied with the quality and fit. Thanks, Donnie...

·
11,623 Posts
Donnie, I bought a set of black HT with Fold down for my SS a LONG time ago from Al Knoch int (still in plastic wrappers). They still have a good rep, but discontinued them. PUI now makes them. I decided to repair the original comfort weave. If you would like to talk about getting them, give me an email. Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, 3.55 posi too! Driver

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Those are realy good covers he has. Jump on them. Al Knoch made better covers for sure to fit Vettes. I have some 69 houndstooth PUI covers in the wrapper and they look OK but they are not on the car yet so we will need to wait and see. The seams on the houndstooth cloth are not quite as straight as the factory covers I have but look good otherwise.

-Mark.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kevin, If you have the correct material for the fold down rear seat that I need I might be interested in buying it from you. You can tell me the details/cost just by repling to my email message that I sent you. Thanks Mark also for your comments. Do yawl think there would be any difference in the look of the material between different manufacturers, because the material on my seats probably isn't factory, and I don't know where it came from. Thanks, Donnie...

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
It will be the same or very close. I had a panel or 2 replaced by a guy that did that work on the side working out of his house. He saved me a ton of money over the years. I was always happy to pay $60-$80 instead of replacing the whole seat cover. Man. I wish I was closer to him now.

-Mark.

·
11,623 Posts
Donnie, I will respond to your email when I get home and send you some pics too.

What I have is a full set of covers with fold down seat and an extra set of bucket seats covers. Can't remember about the buttons.

My SS is far from redoing the interior
, but I have seen other converts and it looks cool. I figured the fold down rear seat would be good for parades, for resting their feet while sitting up on top. But now they don't allow that anymore, so it will be a conversation point.

The covers are still brand new, only out of the plastic to inspect.

Later, Kevin

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was over at National Parts Depot in Ventura California to pick-up a set of Hounds Tooth Covers in Hugger Orange. I was AMAZED at the nice quality of thier seat covers... then I pulled out the rear set to examine it and it had some "burns (melted)" marks on the plastic part. I ordered another set and hopefully they will fit as nice as they looked.

Roy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Donnie,

This is David from Hopkinsville. I know you had an issue with discoloration on the seats in the car currently. I would think a new seat in the rear would really stand out as the whites would be VERY white.

I am wanting houndstooth for my car. I would like to buy the seats you have if you would be interested. If you decide to recover your front ones with a complete new set, you could use the seat frames that I have ready.

There are many good suppliers for this material and the ones that Rick's sells look very good. Just like the ones you have in design but the whites are much whiter.

Let me know if you are interested and maybe we can both come out on top.

Thanks,

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts