Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
You will need to remove the 6 cyl engine motor mount front supports and replace them with V8 supports.You can get them from most any Camaro Parts Suppiliers.They bolt in.Get 69 350 Camaro motor mounts. That takes car of the engine mounting.The 350 short tail shaft will be the same length as the powerglide,so the rear crossmember should work with little or no work.The drive shaft should work too,since both trans use the same spline output shaft.You will have to upgrade to a V8 radiator,and shroud.You can modify the 6cyl under hood wiring harness to use on the V8 or,I would buy a V8 underhood wiring harness kit,that would be a cleaner install.You should be able to get all the other stuff at an auto parts,Like hoses belts Etc.If i've left anything out Im sure there will be more post on this topic.Good Luck.

------------------
69 Camaro SS 350 4 speed
86 Monte Carlo SS

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have a friend that changed a 6 cylinder '67 RS to a 350 V8. One good thing I can tell you about the swap is that he didn't have to change the front coil springs. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the weight of an inline 6 and small block V8 are close.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
The 6 cylinder springs will work.

If they are the original springs though, they may be ready for a replacement.

But then again,....Why haul out the 6??

(I just had to say that)
Paul

------------------
250 inline 6, 4 speed & disc brakes.
V8 camaros are like navels.... Everybody has one.
www.geocities.com/pdmcgurran/My_camaro_pics.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts