Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and to Chevy. I'm the poor soul that bought what was advertized as a Berger L89 convertible as a long term restoration project. When the laughter dies down I hope I can get some good information, apart from any suggestions to find a mental health professional.:) First off, I'm told that Jerry MacNeish is the guy to use for certification. Any comment on that?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and to Chevy. I'm the poor soul that bought what was advertized as a Berger L89 convertible as a long term restoration project. When the laughter dies down I hope I can get some good information, apart from any suggestions to find a mental health professional.:) First off, I'm told that Jerry MacNeish is the guy to use for certification. Any comment on that?
Sorry to hear that...

Jerry M is the man when it comes to first gens.

If you didnt already know, there are a couple of threads on that car.. you may not want to read them though.:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Jerry M is the Guy to call, his website is www.z28camaro.com. He is the Gen one Guru and certified my latest purchase. Tons of knowledge, easy to deal with and a really good guy. If you have question on stampings etc you can also reach out to Kurt S [email protected] another good guy.

Sorry to hear you got taken but at least you have a Gen one Camaro convertible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Well, I'm as embarassed as hell, but I backed out. I did see a few of the threads. Uuuug-Leee. I've done Mustangs before, so I'm no stranger to rust, but I should have done a lot more research. Got caught up in chasing a legendary car for what I thought was cheap. Guess I ain't smart enough to be a Chevy guy yet. :D Thanks for the kind words and condolences. As I assume my e-bay rating is now trash, I'll work the shows and swap meets here in central CA, which is half the fun anyway.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Update: Well, I'm as embarassed as hell, but I backed out. I did see a few of the threads. Uuuug-Leee. I've done Mustangs before, so I'm no stranger to rust, but I should have done a lot more research. Got caught up in chasing a legendary car for what I thought was cheap. Guess I ain't smart enough to be a Chevy guy yet. :D Thanks for the kind words and condolences. As I assume my e-bay rating is now trash, I'll work the shows and swap meets here in central CA, which is half the fun anyway.
Don't be embarrased, many guys dream the dream of a full blown restoration but when it comes down to dropping the bucks it takes to do it they drop the ball.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts