Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my problem, I built my car for racing, so I was looking to loose some weight and I cut out some of the inner door structure. Now I want to put the car back on the street and so I need my windows to be able to roll up and down.

Does anyone have a drawing or image of what holes on the inner door, are used for the window regulator?
The guides are still in as well as the door handles, I just cut away metal for where the regulator needs to be bolted onto.

I'm trying to find a donor door to cut the inner structure out and install on my current door and if that isn't possible, then I'll try to fabricate something.

Thank you

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have that manual.
I was trying to save from tearing the left door apart, but if needed I will.
The right side door is what I need.
I contacted Denny from Denny's Camaro and he's checking for any used doors, but he doesn't think he has on.
I also need the window regulator, because mine is damaged.

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
I trashed a few doors last week. However I found another one after I made the trip to the scrap yard. When you say right side, you mean " passenger" right? I may be able to help you with the patch if we can work something out. I may or may not have a regulator. I think it is from a 68. I think they are the same. I'm in VA.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I lucked out.
Denny sent me a message that he has a used RH door with window regulator and he'll sell it to me for $100.
I'll pick it up tomorrow or Saturday.
I'll cut the inner structure out and see if I can do an over-lay but if not, I'll cut the section that I need, and fit it to my current door.
Does anyone else's projects seem to go on forever or is it just me....LOL
Thanks for the offers, appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Good find.

My car took 8 years to build.

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Bought Oct 1975
Drove until sometime in 1979
Back from paint jail in 1988 and drivable shortly after.
Now I can make it run in probably 1/2 hour depending what the cats did to the electric fuel pump wiring.
Another hour to move the derelict 2002 Bonneville from behind it and could drive except not currently registered or insured.

Guys you are never finished. I'll be finished when my widow sells the car.

·
11,272 Posts
Here is to unfinished cars!

My SS has been sitting since 1982, 95% of parts are packed away, just waiting for my retirement to get working on it. I am 2 weeks from retirement and will probably start a build thread when I pull it out.

It would have been done sooner if I did not buy a 2nd 69 vert 20 years ago and restored that one! But at least I sorta finished this one enough to enjoy it and learned a bunch of skills to restore the SS. :D

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Here is to unfinished cars!

My SS has been sitting since 1982, 95% of parts are packed away, just waiting for my retirement to get working on it. I am 2 weeks from retirement and will probably start a build thread when I pull it out. ]
Congrats on retirement!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well here's an update to put my car closer to being able to drive.
I got the donor door, cut out the needed inner panel, bought a spot weld cutter, trimmed inner panel to the door, spot welded the panel and now I got a completed door that I can now roll the window up and down.
I should have asked KevinW to come fix my car since he'll soon have a lot of time on his hands....congrats man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts