Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the correct placement measurements for the side mirrors on a 69 Camaro?
I need to know where to drill the holes and what size they should be.

I am not sure if the mirrors that I have are original or replicas. Pictures are also helpful.

Thanks

Japper

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure that at one time the door panels did have holes for the mirrors but the guy who did the body work on this car filled them in.

Does anyone know the proper placement of these mirrors that can forward some measurement information for where the holes should be?

Thanks!

-Japper

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Originally posted by Dutch69Camar:
Btw aren't they in the assembly manual?
Nope, not in the assembly manual - all driver's side doors had the mirror attaching holes pierced in the stamping dies when they were made - they're all the same.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks JohnZ for the update about "Nope, not in the assembly manual..."

But back to the original question, any ideas what the position of those holes are on the door (actual dimensions), so I can figure out where to drill the new holes???

Thanks

Japper

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did a search and found like 20 different threads here on this topic and not one person has posted a template or any measurements to this site. But they faxed them!?! LOL

Can anyone out there who has done this and who are happy with the results kindly post their measurements/template?

Yes, I know it might not be exactly the same as the location I need it to be, but it'd be nice to have a reference before I start drilling holes into my door.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
425 Posts
The location of the mirror will not help the floppy head or the design issue of the mirror assembly.
The mirrors weren't designed to be on the Passenger side.That is why you see 2 lanes over instead
of the lane beside your car.
Do a search for classic car mirrors that Eliminate the Blind Spot! You will be pleased with these mirrors
and they have a 3 yr guarantee.
Thx, Billy

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
The location of the mirror will not help the floppy head or the design issue of the mirror assembly.
The mirrors weren't designed to be on the Passenger side.That is why you see 2 lanes over instead
of the lane beside your car.
Do a search for classic car mirrors that Eliminate the Blind Spot! You will be pleased with these mirrors
and they have a 3 yr guarantee.
Thx, Billy
I need to replace my mirrors with something usefull. I don't see a link or pic of what you are talking about. Or did I miss something?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Simple to locate. Use masking tape to locate and place marks for drilling holes. Here is the 68 Camaro Factory Instructions for its right side mirror. It may help.

There is probably a 69 instructions out there somewhere, but a Google search did not bring one up.

Font Material property Handwriting Sleeve Pattern

1 - 17 of 17 Posts