Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed the swap from column shift to floor on our 69 327 coupe. We added a console also, no gauges. The car does not have air. We are looking for what is required to run the harness for the neutral switch/reverse lights in the console. Is there a single harness that will plug into the original under dash harness? I can chase the wires and make a harness, but I would rather find something more original if available..

TIA.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Yes...

Its one complete harness that plugs right in. If its for a car without gauges, I have a new unopened harness to sell. I ordered the wrong one and it was a well over a year before I found that out :( too late to return. PM if you want it.

Kev

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what I found last night.

The neutral switch is the duel purple wires, and the reverse lights are pink and a light green (same plug also.) I am going to make a mini harness from 16g wire, and shrink wrap to dress.

This was much easier than I thought, but thanks for all the support. Now I am on to firewall seal fo the new column, any body have one?
Andrew

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here is what I found last night.

The neutral switch is the duel purple wires, and the reverse lights are pink and a light green (same plug also.) I am going to make a mini harness from 16g wire, and shrink wrap to dress.

This was much easier than I thought, but thanks for all the support. Now I am on to firewall seal fo the new column, any body have one?
Andrew
Do you know if the wire coloring scheme is the same for a 67?

Thanks,
Gean

·
Registered
267 Posts
was it a big job to switch to floor shift,what parts were required?I have a floor shifter and cable and the linkage arm that bolts to the side of the trans. is there any other parts I have to buy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts