Team Camaro Tech banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro SS 396
83 Posts
So glad to see this. I have a set of 15 x 7 Torq Thrusts and have been looking at going with wider tires on the back. I have a set of M/T ET Streets in 275/60-15 on some 15x9 slots that I test fit, but good to see that I can also use the Torq Thrusts. Looks great!

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
2021... new shoes for the old warhorse

Time for new tires. We're so sick of the "brown wall" BFG letters and they were too old to be safe (circa 2007).

We ended up going with some Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T's. Similar sizes to what we used on the BFG's, but these are bit wider, and the rears an inch smaller in diameter... but more clutch friendly.

Front tires: P235/60/R15
Rear tires: P275/60/R15

Same wheels: A/R Torque Thrust 15 x 7's

Take a look and tell me what you think.

View attachment 275748
View attachment 275749 View attachment 275750
Little high in the back for my tastes but really nice. Scenery in the background is awesome. Was there in 82 and 86, nice trip.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Little high in the back for my tastes but really nice. Scenery in the background is awesome. Was there in 82 and 86, nice trip.
Lot's of Texans wandering about here.

A Texan once told me the name of the biggest Texas forest is.... Colorado.

Being a child of the 60's, and coming of age in the 70's, it seems I've always liked the old school Pro Stock look.

Grumpy's 1969.jpg

___

Here's my high school Nova.. same attitude.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Lot's of Texans wandering about here.

A Texan once told me the name of the biggest Texas forest is.... Colorado.

Being a child of the 60's, and coming of age in the 70's, it seems I've always liked the old school Pro Stock look.

View attachment 275823

___

Here's my high school Nova.. same attitude.

View attachment 275824
Yep that used to be the look. When I got my car it had N50 x15 on 10" rims so it was up there.

Where in central CO are you? In 82 three of us hauled our bikes up there and rode around the mountains for two weeks. Left the day before the dam broke in Rocky Mountain National Park and flooded Estes Park.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
What size rear tire did you have previously? Was it a235 or 255 70 15? Do the new clear your air shocks? I have 4:10 gears and would like to reduce my highway rpm.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I like your old school look. That's how I grew up with them and just seems natural to me. Different strokes for different folks. I'm running N 50's with 10 inch wide by 15 inch Cragar SS on the back of my Camaro. Rock On! And I do like your wheels very much.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts