Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought an original 69 camaro Hurst shifter complete from chrome ball to linkage. My question is will it work in my 68? I'm putting a console in with a muncie
M20 underneath it. I'm just confused because there are a few different linkage options and shifter set-ups available (aftermarket-hurst/muncie/saginaw/factory-hurst). How can I be sure that I have the correct linkage? Do I just have to see it it all hooks up without binding? The shifter assembly has HURST COMPETITION/PLUS on it with U.S. PAT NO. 3216271. There's also a 590733D on it and a 3138.

------------------
1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process.
PS/PB, Factory AC

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
From what I know about it , the 68 tranny had shift leaver studs that had threads, the 69's were drilled and tapped. Would have to find the right shift linkage levers to make it work

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just check the Hurst instruction sheets for both 68 and 69 aftermarket shifters and eventhough the linkage rods are the same for both years the part numbers on the shift arms where the rods connect to the tranny are different. Thanks for the heads up frankk!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts