Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother-in-law just sent me a 69' owners manual for the Chevelle, Nova, & Camaro which he got from one his brothers helping him move into a new house. In the back of the manual it has the engine specifications listed for all engines except the 327 (and 427 which is understandable). I found that to be odd seeing the 327 was still being used early in the model year. Last night I checked the date of printing and it showed:

3rd Edition - April 1969 - Part # 3955545

Does anyone have any insight on this subject? I find it hard to believe GM made 2 updated editions by April of 69' for the 69' model year. Anyone have an earlier/later edition of this manual? Anyone know how many editions were actually published?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

------------------
Drew

69' X-11 350, Turbo 350, Factory Air, PS, PB, 12 Bolt (410 gear) & NOT AN SS

[This message has been edited by drew69 (edited 08-06-2002).]

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
I've got editions 1 and 2 at home. There are some differences between them. They go into more (or less) detail on things. Usually highly complex things like how to turn your headlights on and off.
Edition 2 is a page or two longer than edition 1.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bob, I'm OK with the one I have. My 69' was built Sept. 69' so that should work for my car unless they came out with a 4th edition (?).

So the way it looks is the 327 was not used after April 69' (?) or some people got the newer edition manual with their engine not listed.

I bet CRG has a good idea or knows when the cut off month was for the 327 engine. Kurt ?

Thanks again.

------------------
Drew

69' X-11 350, Turbo 350, Factory Air, PS, PB, 12 Bolt (410 gear) & NOT AN SS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.