Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have been out of the hobby a few years and recently picked up another 69. I have searched the threads for days now and can't seam to find any info on my issue. 69 ss 350 orig engine long water pump. Adding power steering and picked up an 82 trans am gear box from a budy. I bought a new rag joint and pitman arm and just ordered an 82 trans am pump beause of the pressure and fittings. I also found a post with part numbers for the hoses for the 1989 iroc swap someone did and ordered those as well. Now to the issue. I can't find any info as to what mounting brackets I need to mount an 82 saginaw pump to a 69 350? I'm starting to think I need to eat the 82 pump and buy a 69 pump but then I have the hoses I already orderd to deal with. Any info out there on the brackets would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Should be able to just use the regular '69 pump brackets. The pump is physically the same as what one would be for a '69, just the reservoir body is shaped different. The later model "ham can" ones fit fine though. In fact I run one...if you get a '69 pump from the parts store they typically don't have one built with the earlier style reservoir. Keep the '82 pump, it'll have the right pressure for your later model box.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Now all he needs to do is order the three piece 69 PS pump bracket set.

Make sure you get the one with the correct rear adjuster bracket (the one that attaches to the engine mount).

The one you get from NPD is wrong, HBC has the right parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts