Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am switching from a six to a v8 in my 69 Camaro. I bought supposedly everything I need from year one for the swith to v8 power steering. New pump and the 2 brackets they said I would need. I am sure I'm missing something here. In all the pictures I have seen there is another one that I can't find anywhere. The two I got are the cradle that attaches to the pump and one with threaded holes in either end but the ends are not at 90 degrees to each other. I can figure no way to put this mess together. Is there anyone else out there with a similar experience? Anyone who could e-mail an picture of their brackets would also be helpful. Thanx, Kevin p.s. my alternator is located on the opposite side of the engine from the pump.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
The cradle bracket is first bolted to the PS pump and then it mounts (and pivots) on the waterpump. The bracket you speak of mounts to the motor mount on one end and an exhaust manifold bolt. There is one more bracket that bolts to the front of the pump and attaches to the second bracket. Hope that helps. Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts