Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam changing my 69 Z28 from manual steering to power steering, I have all the correct parts, my question is in manual gear boxes there are 3 bolts and poweer steering there are 4 if iam correct. Is there some kind of templete or just line it up the best you can.

THX

·
Registered
797 Posts
It will bolt right in as you will only use three of the four bolt holes.. The extra tab just hangs off of the frame in the front.. That is if my memory serves me correctly.
Trust me that it will bolt in directly..

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Dgonzale, after you pull off the manual box, please don't throw it away. I know there's some guy's out there looking for them to use in race cars. I get asked all the time if I have a extra one. You could place it in the ads here if you want.
Anyway, just a thought.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

·
Registered
235 Posts
Let me know how everything works out with the change over, because I'm wanting to do the same thing to my '69 Z28. Where did you get all the parts needed for this project? Do you know if this can be done if the car has headers? Good Luck, Donnie...

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Just finished exactly the same conversion last weekend ('69Z, manual to power) using all correct stock parts. Only problems I had were the P/S pulley is about 1/4" rearward of lining up perfectly with the rear groove on the crank pulley, and the return hose that came in the kit was 6" too short - had to have the parts store cut me one 6" longer. Got all the parts from Heartbeat City in the Detroit area.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 7 of 7 Posts