Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
JC,

I have heard these go for more like $300 - $400. Put on ebay or in Hemmings to get best results.

Good Luck!

------------------
1969 RS-Z/28: DZ302, M20, 3.73, Tuxedo Black, Deluxe Black Interior, Factory Tach, Clock and Console Gauges, Rear Defrost, Spoilers, ZL2 Hood.

G

·
i wouldn,t sleep at nite either i would be out buying camaro parts with that 400.00.

IT COST TO GO FAST
HOW DAM* FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO

·
Registered
460 Posts
For some of the money people want for things you wouldn't be buying much. So you probably would be sleeping at night because your trip out to get parts wouldn't last very long. Sorry, I don't mean to sound that way just hate where the market is heading and what people are asking for some stuff.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I too hate the way price are and have been going, I know this all to well after restoring a L/78 then turning my attention to my 1969 Corvette I was blown over at the cost of parts because it say's CORVETTE, I received this radio delete plate with several other parts, dash cluster, console gauges etc, and have only seen pictures of such a part but never in person let alone own one. I am not sure if I would sell it at this point but have taken note of the offer and would give a Camaros.net person first crack. I had great luck on this site selling my L/78 and buying and selling other parts. Keep up the great site, and I will continue to buy from Ground Up for my detail parts for my RS Z28

JC

------------------
1969 RS Z28 Black, white deluxe interior,
http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/corvettj

·
Registered
170 Posts
I figure everything is relative. If the parts were worth nothing or could be bought for .10 cents on the dollar, that would make your nicely restored Camaro worth .10 cents on the dollar. Everyone knows that nice completed cars are not being given away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You guys are a bunch of whiners and cheats! This poor guy has a rare part and doesn't know what it is worth and asked a trusting question and you guys try to rip him off! Yes, I bet you couldn't sleep at night, right after you guys give him $200 for his part and then sell it for $500 the next day! Get a conscious! Rare parts for 1st Generation Camaro's are high, but so are the price of the cars. Guess what, they aren't making them anymore!

·
10,164 Posts
I've got a friend who paid $400. for one for his 69 Z/28.
He has a radio for the car too, but does not want it in there.
He didn't want to search for it and is not a web or computer type guy.

He made a call, got the part and is happy with it. At least the part was nice.

It certanly didn't feel like a $400 part when I had it in my hands. You could buy almost half a set of Carrillo rods for that much money!

He has the nicest black 69 Z with houndstooth seats, the works. All it needed was that plate!
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Homepage
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
17 Posts
i think he should see if classic camaro would
buy it and reproduce it. maybe that would stop a 20-50 dollar part turning into a 400-500 part.

·
Registered
278 Posts
no camaro plates list in ebay's search, i tuned up this and it is nowhere near the prices quoted, but as i said no camaro was listed.
past: http://search-completed.ebay.com/cgi-bin/texis/ebaycomplete/results.html?query=Radio+delete+plate&srchdesc=y&ebaytag1=ebayreg&ebaytag1code=0&ht=1
active: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=Radio+delete+plate&dest=&cobrandpartner=&SortProperty=&SortOrder=&maxRecordsPerPage=50&srchdesc=n&category0 =&category1=&category2=&category3=&textonly=&ht=1

------------------
To see a pic of my car, click here... pages.prodigy.net/mtbmtb/rf396ss.jpg

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Unfortunately the radio delete plate is one of those rare pieces that are hard to find and therefore command high prices. Like a crossram, it is overpriced, but highly desireable. I remember seeing one sell on Ebay several months back for over $300, but I can't remember how much. I hate the fact that a lot of the high performance and limited production parts are so expensive, but there are people willing to pay what it takes to buy it and that's what their value is. So, anybody want a set of heads built by TRACO?

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes & crossram

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok. i might be by myself on this but i looked on ebay and there were alot radio delete plates for cars alot rarer than the 69 camaro going for 20 bucks or so. everyone knows what happened a few years back when greed took over the musclecar market. i know everyone wants to buy low,sell high but things have gotten way outacontrol for the camaro parts buyer-sellers. its now just like the vette market. just say no and wait for repro.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just drop by from Team Chevelle a what is this part your talking about.I had a 69 6 years ago have some parts left.Is this the part in front of the radio rectangle with the two holes and wood grain finish??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check out that "Chill" who wants to buy this item above for $200 has a Rosewood in the classifieds for $630!!!! Maybe he got this from some poor guy who wanted to know what it was worth and he told them $200?

Quit whining about the price of parts all of you when you all sell the parts you have for high prices and just want to buy low!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts