Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of converting a standard 69 Camaro into a rallysport and need to know if there is a bracket to install in the fender for headlight installation. I have seen these brackets for 67-68 but not the 69. I hope someone out there has done this and can help out. This is my first post so take it easy on me. Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
do a search on this board and i think you will find a few topics about it. also i think ricks or somebody like that offers a full conversion kit. as i remember it's not cheal ($1000 ?)

------------------
To see a pic of my car, click here...

·
Registered
966 Posts
All the conversion kits that I have seen have the headlight adaptors for the 67-68 only. All the 69 kits make no mention of the tabs that are needed to completely install the headlight buckets. The 69 kits say it's complete, but unlike the other kits, nothing is said about the adaptors.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
The kits may not mention the tabs because for years the only 69 front fenders you could get either, OEM or Repro, have been RS fenders. You definately do need the tabs if you dont have the RS fenders.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

·
3,176 Posts
Mark, Can the tabs off a 68 RS be made to work. My 69 is in storage and I wont be getting to it for a while but I do have my old 68 RS fenders outside in the shed that I can try to remove them off and send to him if they still need them

Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS/s
65 442

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
If you spot the headlight buckets into the grill area, it will be clear where the two tabs need to be put. I haven't had to do it but they're pretty much an 'L' bracket with a captured nut ( tack weld it in ).

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for your help. Think I'll be able to make something work. I have found your forum very interesting. Thanks again. Merry Christmas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts