Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and only came up with how to remove the back seat bottom. I already got that out. Now how do I remove the back? I can see that on the bottom there are two rods that slide into a bracket. So I know that the seat has to go up to remove. Feels like there are bolts holding the top of the seat. I looked from the trunk, but couldn't find anything.

Somebody set me straight.

·
Registered
755 Posts
There a a couple of bolts under the lower edge that have to be removed. I think there are also a couple of tabs in the same area that get bent over. In any case, just check along the lower edge for the fasteners/tabs and remove them, and then lift the seat back upward. It should pop right out.

·
Registered
971 Posts
With the bottom seat removed, you will see 2 bolts, they are taken out from the inside of the car. Watch your knuckles

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,362 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track. The seat back does have to come up off of the brackets/hooks. Try pulling out a little on the bottom and pushing up at the same time. It's most likely just being stubborn since it's been there so long.

P.S. The brackets/hooks I am talking about are towards the top of the seat and you can not see them.
------------------
Robert

'69 getting better every day... (every pay day)

[This message has been edited by rojo (edited 04-08-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts