Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i thought i'd try posting this question under interiors instead of body shop to see if i get any better responses here. i have a garnet red RS conv that had a red interion (red dash, steering column and wheel). that's the way i'm putting it back. currently the body is completely disassembled, no glass, primed and ready to paint.

my question is what color red should the dash be? it looks like it's the same color as the body was, but i can't be sure. also, the top of the dash looks like it has a satin finish to it, not a shiny finish like the front part. is this correct?

i need to get the paint guy going by the middle of july, and i really want it done right from the start.

thanks for all the advice up to this point! i can't wait to get my baby back on the road!

jordan

------------------
'69 RS 327 ragtop
'70 'Cuda AAR

·
Registered
321 Posts
The satin finish is correct for the top of the dash and the front of the dash should be semigloss. You can order the bomb cans for the color from Year One or Classics Industries.

------------------
68 SS 396

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, does that mean that the red color isn't teh same as the garnet red color code for the exterior?

------------------
'69 RS 327 ragtop
'70 'Cuda AAR

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't believe it is. I just looked in National Parts Depot catalog and it just says red acrylic lacquer. I have used the black before on my 68.

------------------
68 SS 396

1 - 4 of 4 Posts