Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bodyman decided we should replace the tail panel. Is there any recommendations where to order one from that has the best chance of fitting. Are the panels that Heartbeat City sells any better than the foreign stuff?
Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
NOS is the way to go, If you find one there about $600. I bought an aftermarket rear panel from national parts depot and it was more work than it was worth, All the lines around the tail lights are hardly visible and whats there has to be fixed with bondo, Also the panel did not fit it was bigger than the original, After all that I bought NOS and did the job over. When i go to car shows I can spot that aftermarket rear panel a mile away LOL. You can tell from the lines around the lights. I noticed the new rear panels from heartbeat city, The panels looks pretty close to NOS and the all the lines look like there there, I almost thought it was a NOS panel. That looks like a decent aftermarket rear panel finally...Crash

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
What needs replacing? If it's the lower area, you could use a repro and the bumper will hide the seam.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Let us know. I have the same issue. I have an NOS piece but if I only need the bottom, I'm going repro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts