Team Camaro Tech banner

101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Yes it has taken the wind out my sails big time. I am so distraught I feel like giving up and selling everything.

IMO it is pretty bad, there are just a lot of little issues, such as sandpaper scratches in the clear, little chips around the door and fender edges. He even got one section of the stripes lines jagged.

I thought I had done my home work on this guy but I was wrong. I am embarrassed that this has happened.

The painter said he will fix it but I am not sure he can.

I just don't know what to do. I am thinking of taking legal action.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Look at the area where it was painted. That would have done it for me. Depending on how many clear coats and what product used, wet sanding and buffing correctly should eliminate the sand scratches. I feel for you and your Camaro.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
You should at least give the guy the chance to make it right. Whether he deserves it after the first try or not...

Reactions: bigblockragtop

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
little chips around the door and fender edges
Check your door gaps they may be too tight. I had mine too tight when I gapped my doors not realizing that they would have hit the inner crimp inside the fender without my body guy pointing it out. Even after all I did to fix the inner fender issue, I still had to open up my gaps a bit for my own piece of mind to allow for the paint thickness and a little wiggle room.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Yes it has taken the wind out my sails big time. I am so distraught I feel like giving up and selling everything.

IMO it is pretty bad, there are just a lot of little issues, such as sandpaper scratches in the clear, little chips around the door and fender edges. He even got one section of the stripes lines jagged.

I thought I had done my home work on this guy but I was wrong. I am embarrassed that this has happened.

I just don't know what to do. I am thinking of taking legal action.
Hang in there Shawn, just a bump in the road. It may take a couple days to bounce back. I would try to work it out with the body shop first, then I would go legal etc.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Really sorry to read this :/ I had my 92 repainted after I stripped the interior. 1 year later it was a total hack job. Another year after that the car is still in storage and I don't have the stomach to do anything about it.

Do NOT try to work it out with the body shop first, they will only do more ****ty work. Sue their faces off and put them out of business. I gave the body shop another chance, I should have burned the place down the day after I picked my car up so they don't **** another person.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I had a renter screw up my house. I sued them and the lawyer ended up with over 5k in their pocket. It is funny cuz I had someone say just lick your wounds and move on.... I should have. So when I had my car done poorly, I tried to give them a second chance and ended up paying to have it done right by someone else. Not sure of your relationship with the body guy, is he is worthy of a second chance? I can tell you lawyers love when you sue. They have nothing to lose.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
An update on my situation. After some negotiations with the painter he has refunded me half the money I paid him. I would liked to have gotten more, but overall not a bad deal, especially for him.
This has set me back financially and cost me a lot of time, but I will finish the car.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
An update on my project.
The move back to Virginia, two new jobs, several family priorities and emergencies set my car project back both financially and time wise. I guess you could say life happens. When I started this project one of the things I promised myself and my wife was I would not impact our financial plan. Anyway, I have finally gotten in a position financially to begin the process of finishing my car. Hopefully in the next few months I will once again be asking the group for help as I attempt to put the car back together.

·
Registered
75 Posts
An update on my project.
The move back to Virginia, two new jobs, several family priorities and emergencies set my car project back both financially and time wise. I guess you could say life happens. When I started this project one of the things I promised myself and my wife was I would not impact our financial plan. Anyway, I have finally gotten in a position financially to begin the process of finishing my car. Hopefully in the next few months I will once again be asking the group for help as I attempt to put the car back together.
I know the feeling on this one, I've gone through a few jobs and my project has been on hold too. Currently Deployed so that a few more months delay. hopefully you'll be able to get back at the project soon.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I know the feeling on this one, I've gone through a few jobs and my project has been on hold too. Currently Deployed so that a few more months delay. hopefully you'll be able to get back at the project soon.
Thanks Jeremy. Stay safe on deployment.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Installed the steering wheel, ignition, and the handle for the Dakota Digital cruise control. Not real happy with the gap on the mounting hub.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd go without the Camaro on the clock. It looks too large and bulky, like it was slapped on there as an after thought. Maybe you could find just a more approriate Camaro emblem to go there?

Reactions: wireboy355

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
I'd go without the Camaro on the clock. It looks too large and bulky, like it was slapped on there as an after thought. Maybe you could find just a more approriate Camaro emblem to go there?
I think you are right. It does look out of place. Thanks for the feedback.

101 - 120 of 198 Posts