Team Camaro Tech banner

121 - 140 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I am trying to remove the plastic piece so I can treat the rust. I was looking at sandblasting or taking a wire wheel to it and then coating with Eastwood rust encapsulator. Opinions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
771 Posts
You might want to try building a shallow tank and put about 3" of Evaporust in it. I don't think your frames will fit in any reasonable sized sandblaster and wire wheeling seems like a ton of work. I have seen guys nail together a 2 X 4 frame with a plywood bottom, cover in plastic and voila - a dip tank. Set it in there overnight and it will come out virtually rust free.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
As I recall they have a tab on the back side that needs depressed before sliding it out.
Thanks Andrew. I have not been able to find a tab. I am afraid I will damage it if I tray and muscle it out.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
You might want to try building a shallow tank and put about 3" of Evaporust in it. I don't think your frames will fit in any reasonable sized sandblaster and wire wheeling seems like a ton of work. I have seen guys nail together a 2 X 4 frame with a plywood bottom, cover in plastic and voila - a dip tank. Set it in there overnight and it will come out virtually rust free.
Thanks Tim. That's sounds like a good option, if I could just get the plastic pieces out.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Here is a photo of the tab that needs depressed to allow the headrest sleeve to slide out.
Put a screwdriver underneath and twist it to push over the tab.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Here is a photo of the tab that needs depressed to allow the headrest sleeve to slide out.
Put a screwdriver underneath and twist it to push over the tab.
Thanks Andrew just what I needed. I found the tab, but for some reason I still can’t get it out. Maybe I need to hold my tongue differently, lol..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Keep your head up. I was bummed to see you had issues with your painter. I hate that. I have seen too many guys taken like that I hate it. I know you didn't post pictures, but I don't understand how someone can consciously take some ones money with work like what you described. I just don't get it.

Look forward to more updates!

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Shot of the Eddie Motorsport hinges. They work great. 6210B070-1AD6-4EBA-9057-15E58EB1AC45.jpeg

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I am going to try again to keep my build thread updated. I am competing for the longest build. I have had a few set backs, first attempt at paint was a disaster. Moved half way across the country, changed jobs twice....
A Navy buddy stepped up to help me paint the car. I would have asked him in the beginning but he lives in Michigan and I knew it was a big project and I didn’t want to burden a good friend who no longer paints for a living. He was making good progress until his son got sick and eventually died, marriage troubles and lost his job.
Anyway, finally got the car home from Michigan. It came out very nice.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Had to de- pin the pedal wiring and OBD to route through the gas pedal opening. I did not take any pictures but I used Modo Innovations gas pedal block off plate. I drilled out a hole and installed a grommet prior to mounting it. I also used Modo Innovations pedal plate. Expensive but it feels more solid than the Street Machine I was using. And it has some adjustabilit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Got the GMPP fuse box routed and secured via Velcro to the battery tray.

Installed the brake booster and master cylinder. The master cylinder hit the hood and I just don’t like the the look of the angle, so I switched over to a manual setup.

Attachments

121 - 140 of 200 Posts