Team Camaro Tech banner

141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
No pictures, but I have the fuel tank and fuel lines all installed.
Had to send the headers out to get re-coated. They had never been used or exposed to the elements, yet they developed rust. I was just going to let it go, but I couldn’t take it. I talked to Holley and basically they ignored me. They didn’t even have the courtesy to respond to an email.
Next will be the Vintage Air and Cold Air intake install while I wait on the headers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
The Specter muscle car CAI came yesterday. Started reading the instructions and find out you need a welder for the MAF pad. Specter website says only tools needed are wrench, extension, flat blade screwdriver, alllen wrench and only 90 minutes to install, lol. Should have read the instructions online.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Does anyone know if the Specter heat shield is supposed to be bent like this?

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Got the serpentine belt installed. Used Continental #4061010.
Lower radiator hose, Dayco 71244, will work after some trimming. The upper radiator hose, Dayco 70786, works fine as far as the shape goes, but ID is 1.5” and I just realized I need 1.25”. Should have gotten the calipers out before going to the auto parts store.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Wasn’t able to work on the car for the last week. I woke up at 0300 last Saturday with a pretty bad pain in my knee. It was swollen and the redness was all over my knee and down my leg. Put ice on it and limped around on it until my wife convinced me to go to the doctor on Wednesday. The doctor drained over 4 cc’s or fluid off my knee and gave me a cortisone shot. I am much better now. Not a 100 percent but able to work on the car again.
I was able to successfully install the Vintage Air evaporator. Just need to remove one more time to drill for the drain hose.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Looks good, kind of similar to what I did. Did you do the crimps yourself?
Thanks Tim. Your pictures of your install were my guide and helped out tremendously. Yes, I did the crimping. Hope they don’t leak.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
So the fluid in my knee had staph infection in it that got in my blood stream so I have been unable to work on the car for the last couple weeks. Lesson learned is try and clean your cuts.

Anyway I was able to get out in the garage again this weekend. Got the headers back from a local powder coater and they look so much better than Holley’s coating. If I had to do it again I would just buy painted headers and send them out for coating.

Worked on finishing up the Vintage Air install. Need to clean the wiring Up and I am going to replace the metal clamps with the Gates Power Grips.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
The headers look great. I'll be curious to see how they hold up over time. Not really clear on the durability of powder coating in a high heat environment but time will tell.
Sorry for the confusion Tim. The headers are not powdered coated they are thermal coated like Jet Hot.

·
13,860 Posts
Specter intake installed. Could not get the heat shield to fit, oh well should be fine without it.
I don't see your MAF located on the intake?

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Installed Dakota Digital GPS, ODB, Cruise control, Vintage Air controller and fan controller. Used industrial Velcro to mount all the controllers. All this wiring has been kicking my butt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
771 Posts
That's a wiring party you have going there under the dash! You're making good progress, I think you are going to beat me to the finish line. I had to send my intake back to Frank to move the MAF boss as it interfered with my power steering reservoir. I am guessing those are Detroit Speed fender braces? Curious if you are happy with them?

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Thanks Tim. I still need to clean up and organize the wiring. Yes those are Detroit Speed fender braces. I like them but they have limited me in CAI selection. I could not get Roto Fab to work.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Got the instrument carrier and the steering column. Hopefully I will be starting it up soon.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Had another little setback. The staph infection came back and I haven’t been able to work on the car much. The doc put me on some stronger antibiotics and I am on the mend.
Anyway I had to drop the gas tank to fix a small leak at the fitting going into the tank. I was happy it was not any of the hoses I made up.

My son is coming over today to help re-install the tank. Today is first start up day, wish me luck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,423 Posts
Good Luck Shawn! Take some videos. First start happens only once. I'm excited for you.

Brett.....

141 - 160 of 198 Posts