Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was offered a '69 RS convertible - original 350-2bbl, 4-speed, discs, power windows, power top, white/black standard interior. Car is apart and body is completed (rotisserie resto with new GM quarters). Basically a basket case at the moment but most parts are either restored or restorable. Seller wants $23k which sounded high to me. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
It's nicely optioned and has the original drivetrain. Not too far off the mark. I'd say 20K. You can probably figure another 15K to finish and you have a 40K convertible when it's done.

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
And, as soon as it's done... call me. That's what I want for my next car... can I pick out the color :)

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
"basket case" to me implies a car that is either complete or dissassembled, in untouched (read Poor) condition. What you describe doesn't sound like a basket case.

IF major things such as the drivetrain and body have been restored, and the rest of the parts are there and serviceable, the pirce is pretty decent for the market right now. If a lot of things are missing (which can be hard to tell when it's disassembled), things like the engine haven't been rebuilt, or the work that's been comeplted is of poor quality, then the price is high.

Although it's "just" an RS car, verts bring good money. And an asking price is just that, after all. If it's all there and the seller is motivated, An offer of $18K or so may be a great deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.