Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd put up a link to some pics I just completed , a lot of people have been asking for them. I started on it the first of March as a basket case , just finished 3 weeks ago. The sun had just went down so the colors are light and dark from different angles , but it's Daytona Yellow and the all the interior pieces are uniform in color. Everything had to be dyed , even the vinyl on the seats where it's stitched to the houndstooth since it's WAY too yellow when you get them. Since the seats are the only parts you can buy and they aren't even right , I guess this is what keeps people from doing it. If anyone needs the right color professional vinyl dye that won't scratch off let me know , it's not available (no one really sells it even though it's in a few resto catalogs) , it has to be made ,I took the time to mix it right.

*** Link below.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=68662&a=501647&f=0

**Note: it wasn't a big block car , I converted the heater box to big block style in order to do away with the crappy plastic cover thing that Vintage Air gives you to stick through the firewall (nasty,cheesy,ugly,cheap,unoriginal,horrible looking). I rerouted the A/C hoses so they don't run across the engine and are almost invisible. The only part of the Vintage Air visible is the compressor.

Brian

69 RS convt, yellow/yellow, 355 , M21 , 3.55 Posi., Chambered exhaust , Yellow letter NASCAR #1 Eagles.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Your car is friggin' beautiful!

Love that yellow houndstooth.

------------------
68 Camaro ragtop, original 327, angle plug Camel humps, 202's, Performer, Holley 600, Doug's Headers, 3-speed Saginaw, 3.08 posi

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey Brian how did the show go at Beardstown?
The more I think about it thats the show the '77 nova was at!
Anyway the pics turned out great but still dont do it justice (believe me guys it's even nicer in person) I'll stop by when I get a chance see ya MIKE

·
Registered
725 Posts
I like it! I feel the urge to have a banana.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM,fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468

·
Registered
181 Posts
What size motor does she have again?

[This message has been edited by rickmack (edited 10-12-2001).]

·
Registered
505 Posts
Great picture! Who are the two girls kissing each other? They're both hot looking..!!!! Thanks!

One thing...houndstooth interior was not available on convertibles, other than the Pace car...Is your car properly coded for houndstooth?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts