Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
16,129 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,507 Posts
I like the fender converters - simple bolt on. How long did it take to put the whole kit on on Harry?

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
I like the fender converters - simple bolt on. How long did it take to put the whole kit on on Harry?
Brian,still is not on entirely installed , gotta elongate a few holes but with the pre assembled assemblies it wont take long.
My grill and other parts are in the paint shop now.
Super Chevy did a good install and Article about this kit.
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/paint-body/1310-chevy-camaro-front-grille-rs-conversion/
Much easier than the DSE kit, both electrically and mechanically.
But nothing these days just bolts in without tweaks.

·
Premium Member
12,507 Posts
I looked at the link but their articles always skip the step by step stuff we all need to evaluate a product. But you are right on both points. Looks simpler than DSE units and yes nothing bolts on without three swears and a hammer blow.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro
45 Posts
I'm just in the process of collecting all the parts for an RS conversion plus cowl hood and came across this thread. Was going to go with as much NOS as I could and use the DSE kit but I'm curious as to how member dawg made out with the Camaro Central supplied kit or if anyone else has installed that kit.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
I will be finishing it up this weekend, however I have run into a guy that did the DSE kit and he sez he would rather go with my kit due to no cutting is involved and no time to rewire under the dash.
my kit is all self contained. just getting everything to fit up right with spacers and hole elongating is tedious.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,658 Posts
Any progress, pictures, props or complaints at this point? Thinking about this myself down the road. Definitely like the idea of _not_ cutting holes in the fenders if that worked well.

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,507 Posts
Very Nice. Any tips to pass along Harry?

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Very Nice. Any tips to pass along Harry?
with the Camaro central kit they say it is Preassembled and bolts right up is misleading!
the camaro performers install is misleading aswell. those special addon brackets go BEHIND the fender not in front of the fender as they have pictured. (I spent a week to figure that out cuz nothing was fitting right).
I also had to notch the radiator support on the drivers side to clear the motor.
But this kit is Much easier than the DSE kit by far unless you like playing with the wireing on the headlight switch im told. electrical hookup with this kit was Very easy plug and play kind of.

·
Premium Member
12,507 Posts
Thanks for the details.

·
Premium Member
12,507 Posts
I'm sure they will as this is a very popular update project for owners of standard 69's. Happy belated Birthday by the way. :)

21 - 40 of 64 Posts