Team Camaro Tech banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Camaro
269 Posts
Camaro Central has discontinued the Stage 3 kit but they have another kit now. Has anyone here used it? It looks like a good and complete kit.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,658 Posts
After seeing what Camaro Central offered (originally), and seeing a Retro-Electro kit installed, I would only go with RE if I was doing it again. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone complaining about the RE setup. He sells you the motors and electronic link. You buy all the grill & headlight components separately. That gives you the option of picking whose parts you feel might be better quality.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So, I'm looking to convert my 69 Camaro SS to have an RS front end since I like the look better. I've been doing my research and it appears there are numerous places out there that sell the complete conversion kit. The one I have been looking at is this one...

Camaro Rally Sport (RS) Front Conversion Kit, With DS-58 Headlight Door Kit, For Non-RS Cars, 1969

From what I can tell that is a complete kit with electric motors and all so it should have every single piece I need to get the front end on the car. I can see that it's also a Detroit Speed kit which from what I understand comes with the fender brackets for the headlight buckets (so no need for RS fenders).

My question is this... Does anyone else out there have the Detroit Speed RS kit and if so what are your opinions on it? My main concerns are fitment and the quality of the reproduction. I want it to fit nicely and look factory with attention to detail.

I don't mind if it takes 10-12 hours to install it, I grew up rebuilding motors so installing a front end is the least of my concerns. I would just like to make sure that this kit has everything I need so I won't have to order up anything else once I get it.

Thanks guys!
I have this kit and installed on my 69 camaro it works fine. My car was original RS. car so it had headlights buckets and headlight doors. I had one RS. inner fender and the other one I drilled out for the bell crank . The kit came with diagram it was not bad to install took some adjusting and finessing but it aligned really good. I would buy again it wired right up to original light switch kit came with everything you need and good instructions. I did call with one question which was answered I finished installation.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts