Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the headlight washers wired together with the windsheild washers on the factory harness at the washer pumps? Are they both supposed to "wash" when you push the button inside the car or is there someway to turn one or the other on. My harness was quite a rat's nest in that particular spot and I'd like to make it right.

·
Registered
602 Posts
it works by holding in the wiper switch .
you need
1969 Rally Sport (RS) Headlight Washer Pump Wiring Harness pn 97543 at ricks . then plug windshield wiper pump harness into it .

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Yeah, shoot for something like this;

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, got the hose routing. That part makes sense to me. The part I'm struggling with here is if both wires are run to the pump and then both wires are run to the solenoid how does the solenoid know to switch from the headlights to the windshield? You push the windshield wiper switch in to actuate the pump. Is there something else you do to tell it windshield or headlights? I'm obviously missing something here?

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
mark is right. when you first push the button 'in' it activates the washer pump to run its cycle on the windshield. If you hold the button 'in' and not let go, it also squirts the headlights at the same time. I dont think you can get the system to ONLY squirt the headlights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts