Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told by a couple of people that the RS wiper motors had a different part number. I have compared a non RS to an RS model and the numbers were different,But I have since noticed more than just two different numbers on 69s. If there was a unique part number for the RS what is it? The number on the one in my car is 5045605 is this right? Thanks for the help.
Jeremiah.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I might be wrong here, but I dont think there was a difference in the wiper motors. You could get the headlight washers for the rs but I believe it consisted of a pump that mounted on the motor. Im sure you will get other replies that may give you more information than I can.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Heck! I didn't no RSs had headlight wipers to begin with?????

·
Registered
88 Posts
The RS came with a pump mounted next to or on the wiper motor.
I will check mine today & let you know for sure.
I think the motor is the same. Different type of washer pump.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello Mr. C. They are headlight washers, not wipers! This was not meant to be a smart aleck reply, but I think you mis read my post, it does say washers, which were available on 69 rs.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
5045605 is the correct part number for the RS wiper motor (same as the CE-1 motor); the standard motor was 5045572. The motors were the same, but they were supplied as an assembly with two different kinds of pumps, thus the two different part numbers.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

[This message has been edited by JohnZ (edited 01-08-2002).]

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Just a side note, but I thought it might be interested to note that the headlight washer "pump" that everyone refers to isn't really a pump at all.

It is a solenoid controlled diverter valve. It directs the washer solvent to either the windshield or the headlights...

------------------
Steve - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my webpage ---> My Camaros (updated 11/5/01)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Jeremiah I think it was what this topic was listed as that threw me ( 69 RS headlight wiper motor part # )

·
Registered
145 Posts
I see that now too, Mr C.. Your reply was right under mine, so I thought you had read mine wrong. Sorry about that!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts