Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I continue to try and find the issue with my headlights.

Today I checked the vacuum at the tank, past the switch at the actuators, and all seems to check out. I think I mentioned this before but I put my finger over the drivers side green nipple off of the actuator and the passenger side door opens. This is with the headlight switch on. Does this sound like a leak in the drivers side actuator?

Thanks,

·
Registered
995 Posts
I don't know what you don't like about the headlights, but, I would just by-pass the switching valve.
Remove the top hose on the switching valve, and the center supply hose. Join the 2 together with the engine running, the headlight doors should open.
If you do the same, but use the lower hose instead of the upper hose, the doors should close.
The headlight switch should allow vacuum to the top (control) port of the switching valve when the headlights are off. No control vacuum to the switching valve, the headlights should be open.
I don't know what color hoses should be where. Just that the hose on the rear of the actuator (open) should go to the top port on the switching valve. the foward actuator hose (close)should be on the bottom of the switching valve.
Dale

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what you don't like about the headlights, but, I would just by-pass the switching valve.
Remove the top hose on the switching valve, and the center supply hose. Join the 2 together with the engine running, the headlight doors should open.
If you do the same, but use the lower hose instead of the upper hose, the doors should close.
The headlight switch should allow vacuum to the top (control) port of the switching valve when the headlights are off. No control vacuum to the switching valve, the headlights should be open.
I don't know what color hoses should be where. Just that the hose on the rear of the actuator (open) should go to the top port on the switching valve. the foward actuator hose (close)should be on the bottom of the switching valve.
Dale
My doors wont open that is the problem that I am having.

I have lalready tested the switch with a vacuum gauge and it works. But I will try physically by passing it too. That is a good idea, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts