Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
11,348 Posts
Craig, if you are talking about both bulbs on one side, then its good. RS brake and turn signals lit both bulbs on each side. If you are talking about all 4 bulbs lighting at once, then its bad. You have a cross connection somewhere. You have to remove the harness and do some ohm testing to see where the cross is happening.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. What is happening is that they all work with the appropriate function, (ie, brakes light brake lights, turn lights the appropriate turn signal), except - when I put on the left turn signal - both the left and right turn signals blink together. It is like I just put on the emergency blinkers....

·
Registered
967 Posts
I suppose that it is possible that you may have a defective harness if the tail lights worked fine before the switch.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Connect an ohms meter to the Yellow and Dark Green terminals at the connector. There should be no connection.
With the globes removed, there should also be no connection between the Yellow, Dark Green and the gound wire.

Are all the wires in the connector meeting up with the same colors in the quarter panel extension harness connector?

·
Retired
16,017 Posts
Just in case you want to follow the wires to check things out here is diagram:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Why does that diagram include have the 2 inboard lamps working as Stop/Turn/Tail instead of just Tail -like the 69 AIM diagram and my Factory Fit harness?

Is the 69 AIM and my new harness wrong?

See UPC12 D4

·
Retired
16,017 Posts
Not sure Steve, this is from Fisher Body manual for 'f' style cars. I dont have my AIM around, cant find it :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts