Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if you guys like to give approximate values, but i'll try and see what happens. After a few responses i'll let you know what they are asking for the car.

69 rs/ss conv., 396/325 match #, th400 tranny(replaced), correct rear, 3:07, ac, ps, pb, pw, ptop, tilt wheel, console & gages, cruise, am/fm, fiber optics.

condition; great looking 5' car, no rust, headlight doors work, ac does not work, has sub connectors.

no doc's

any opinions are greatly welcomed. we are really close on a price and i see what people are asking for cars on ebay, hemmings and auto trader. just wanted some real opinions from REAL camaro people, so i dont get hosed.

I know its worth what someone will pay, but there are limits.

thanks in advance.

p.s. if i get it i will be spending alot more time on this site, i love it now and am not even a camaro owner.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
It is very hard to say what the value is. Is the body all original or has it been restored? You mention some parts have been replaced (mechanicals) and most everything works well. Have you checked the vin and cowl tag to see if the car is a true SS396 and for correct trim/ paint color? All these factors will help determine a price.

Off the cuff I would guesstimate around $17K if it is an authentic SS396 with a factory RS package and mostly original in very good shape. For a clone I would guess about $13K if it is well done and in very good shape.

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4 at http://www.100megsfree.com/choptop/camaro.html

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quarters have been replaced.
all numbers i have found check out, vin, carb, intake, color and interior.

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Im in the same boat as Dennis, I paid $14,500 for my RS but not convertible, not big block. Thinking mid 20's here. Maybe more of very good condition. IMHO
click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,ps,am/fm,4.10 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all. again its worth what some body will pay. we are in the 25-30 range. i've been looking online for 6 years for a rs/ss conv. and just cant find anything that is ;

- original, close by, not a basket case, not a trailer queen.

i think we are going to get her (i just heard today that the oldest shipping publication in europe is not going to use the female gender on ships anymore, does this mean we cant call cars her now?)

thanks again for all your help

p.s. 2 more things.

1. it now has 14x6 wheels, does this effect the value and ~ how much would 14x7's run?

2. about how much to get new springs put on the front, i think that these are still the originals.

thx

·
Registered
358 Posts
If it looks real clean and the numbers match up fine I think it would be upper 20's to mid 30's. It has some nice options and an RS/SS convertable with a/c and a big block is diffently a rare bird. If it is clean it is a good find. The front springs can replaced fairly easy and they range in price from $100- $300 and the wheels can normaly be found at a swap meet at resonable price. congradulations and welcome.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Easily at least $25-30K or more. The car has the right options that everyone wants except for maybe a 4-speed. Better to pay more now than to be completely shut of the market in the future. A car like that will only go up in value.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts