Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2432766397

This one sold on ebay less than 2 years ago.
What it was: white with std black interior, standard front end (not RS). No console and no POP. Did have all its original drivetrain exc carb. Body work was mostly done at the time.
I'd say it's changed just a little. Black, RS, gauges, interior, etc. He's done a lot of work and it's a nice looking car, but somewhat misrepresented.

Kurt

·
Registered
538 Posts
Good one Marc :D I must say that it is a pretty car. Too rich for my blood though.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It used to be that 90% of 69 Camaros were Z/28's. Now, it's 90% Camaros are RS Z/28's..Just being a Z is no longer enough. The color codes are correct..It was originally black and it looks black now. Or are you saying the guy forged the trim tag?

[ 09-16-2003, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: 1967 Panther ]

·
11,659 Posts
I'm confused :confused:

I guess the trim plate was reproduced with different codes, but what about the docs? How can you have no POP, then the car is changed (a lot), but keeps the same drivetrain and have documentation appear?

Am I missing something?

Kevin

·
Registered
756 Posts
Unfortunately, there are several companies that will produce a repo POP and Trim tag (even provide the correct rivets). (I won't name them due to site policy).

Can't wait for Jim Mattison's company to provide real build data on these cars to avoid this sort of misrepresentation.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Whos Jim Mattison?

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Nothing mystical about it. It is an X33 Z28 only it didn't have quite as many options 2 years ago, as it does now. No console, no gauges, standard 711 black interior, M20 (seller says it's an M21 in the ad but it's an M20 by the assembly code), power steering.

It's a nice car, just doesn't have quite the pedigree that it is prsented as having that's all. To bad someone had to fool with the tag, now it's tainted forever.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Well Jeeze...somebody just bid $39,100.00 for that car! And I'm betting they think its the real deal. How will they find out? And do they have recourse thru Ebay if they do?
I mean, its a nice looking car and all, but for that kinda money...ouch.
Hmmmmm....Mark C has a good point...32,000 miles divided by 7 years....car was in storage since 76 right? Car was driven less than 5,000 miles per year, and needed 2 years of resto work? Probably took him that long to get the repro rs headlight doors to work! :D

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Positive, it's the same car, same VIN and body # and I know it went to KS (from SC). I know the car and the 2 prior owners. It was white and not an RS and no POP. And there's a pic of the original tag still around.
It is the original drivetrain and I believe it was sitting for a long time. The prior owner had been working on it for a few years before he sold it.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
kurt,

man, you must keep a good data base. cant wait to see all those trim tags that were for sale on ebay come up as restored originals.

plus, i wonder what the titles have to say about the milage. i guess the new owner can contact the previous owners from the titles and inquire about the car and its history.

angel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.