Team Camaro Tech banner

1281 - 1292 of 1292 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,281
I’ve got more than 2 whole days in the drivers door panel. And I’m not done yet.

Old vs new. Daw-gone-it the bottom chrome strip is missing. There’s another $60 to order.

here’s a good picture of the windlace interference. But it’s more than just that on this side.

This panel didn’t fit the opening. I scratched my head then measured both the old panel and the new passenger side panel. Sure enough, this one was 1/4” wider. Worse, it was actually 1/8” long on both sides. I spent an entire day trimming plastic, which is ridiculous considering what these cost.

So at least I have it on the door now. Time to start locating holes and fitting all the pieces.

But no. My car had one more rusty secret yet to be discovered. Some of the pins on the other trim piece no longer exist thanks to rust. Many of the others are too corroded to be useful. Another $60.

While cleaning up the door emblem on this side, the white paint flaked off. My wife suggested white nail polish. It’s not quite the right shade, but good enough for a save.

Also found the hole for the handle wasn’t cut right. Had to trim that out too.

The trim piece I knew about showed up so everything is fit loosely into place. Once I get the other trim piece I’ll snap it in for good.

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
954 Posts
It's painful when you start getting to the end of the project. I think I spent more on shipping in the last couple of months than I did on parts themselves. I tried really hard to maximize my shipping costs but when you just need odd ball things it starts getting painful. And what the heck, what's another $120 in the big picture, right? Panels look good so it's worth it in the end.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,283
It's painful when you start getting to the end of the project. I think I spent more on shipping in the last couple of months than I did on parts themselves. I tried really hard to maximize my shipping costs but when you just need odd ball things it starts getting painful. And what the heck, what's another $120 in the big picture, right? Panels look good so it's worth it in the end.
That’s the truth isn’t it? I’ve been so careful to plan orders, and now at the end these little things bite. I could’ve bought both trim pieces at the same time and saved $11 in shipping had I known.

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
449 Posts
Matt, what front headlights are you using?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks killer. Again, I know alllll the pain your going through on those panels. I had to everything you are doing!

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,289

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,291
Finished installing the grab bar, glovebox, and ash tray. I have one more seat belt buckle that hasn’t shown up yet and the seat backs to figure out and then the interior is done. There are only a couple lines left on my list in the garage. It feels strange being so close to “done”.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Finished installing the grab bar, glovebox, and ash tray. I have one more seat belt buckle that hasn’t shown up yet and the seat backs to figure out and then the interior is done. There are only a couple lines left on my list in the garage. It feels strange being so close to “done”.

View attachment 266907

View attachment 266908
When you are "Done" you have just started.
Stole that from somewhere but true.

1281 - 1292 of 1292 Posts