Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried to put a new seat cover on my 69 today...whats the procedure?Do you wire down the center ribs to the seat base 1st and then try to pry the seat cover over the edges (damn near impossible) or am I doing it wrong.Anywhere on the net that shows how its done?

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
I believe you have some plastic lips on the covers for seat cushions, that needs to be hooked into the seat frame. you will have to put some weight on seat springs to bring that plastic to the seat frame. Best to do this when seats covers have been in the sun for a while or heated up someway. You do have seat back and cushion seperated ? Usually done setting on the frame with the seat cover to the floor , up side down. Worked for me.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
What many of us have done is use zip ties to secure the center section of the seat. Leave them loose until after you have the enges clipped in around the bottom, then zip them tight to pull the center down.

Somewhere on here is a post I did with lots of pics of the process.

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
There is a tech section of the current (#4) of Chevy Punch Magazine. It covers seat recovering...It's located at the top of this page...good article, lots of step by step pictures, complete with Jim's tip of using plastic ties. Check it out, it should help...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts