Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a speedometer with the speedwarning indicator. and what I assume is a grill for a rear window defroster(it`s a stamped steel grill, black nothing fancy.) but no defroster motor I pulled these items from a parts car a few years ago.My questions are how rare are these items and their value.I have never even heard of a rear window defroster for a 69 camaro is it original?aftermarket?or maybe dealer installed?The car was in the northeast.Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The speed warning is pretty rare and desireable, to me anyway. The rear deforster is not as rare. I hate to try and price them for you though.
Roger

·
11,874 Posts
Dan, the grill without the fan is about $10 if metal, less if plastic.

The speedo is worth more
I sold mine a year or so on Ebay for $600. Mine was complete (wiring, buzzer, bracket & adjuster cable w/knob) and in excellent shape. If you do not have all the parts, then the price would be less. I think most or all the parts (including the speedo) are reproed, but you know how some repros are.

Kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention I do have the knob, buzzer and cables for the speedometer I used to have it in my car but it never did buzz not sure if i hooked it up wrong or buzzer is broke. It is original not a repro but now it just sits in a drawer waiting to go back in my car if it ever gets done.Thanks for the replys nice to know a little more about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.