Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that some RS cars have an extra pump on the wiper motor plate that supplies fluid to the headlight washers. I have heard about a "squirter" pump. Is this what it is? Did all '69 RS cars have these for the headlights? Does anyone make a reproduction?

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Yes, all RS's were equipped with this option. You could also get the option separately, #CE1, which would be extremely rare, as only 116 owners made the choice. I have seen the nozzles at various venders, but I'd have to look at my assembly manual to see what else is required.

Larry

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about the nozzles over the headlights...but what I am talking about is an extra PUMP mounted just above the wiper motor. They are cylindrical and white in color.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
mccorry,
I've got the same setup on my 69RS. I can't find anyone who lists the parts as well. Someone set my headlight washers up to be washed when ever the windshield is washed. Spliced into the washer pump with a Y fitting, then ran it to the headlight setup. The only parts that are left from the squirter pump is a needle valve, spring, and a solinoid to move the needle one way to open the flow to the headlight washers. I don't know how it is all suppose to work and the assembly manual has been no help on this option. Anyone out there have any thoughts on the subject?

------------------
67 Chevellle SS Conv
69 RS Camaro

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is similar...spliced off the main winshield pump. This pump must have been problematic....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts